Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 40: Today play a practical joke


Day 40
Today I’m supposed to play a practical joke on someone.
I think, okay, I’ll do this after work.
So I go to work, and it’s all pretty normal. We’re not too busy, and what customers we have are all really bitchy today, but it’s not bad.
Then my manager asks me to work an extra 4 hours.
See, I’ve already finished 8 hours. But I think okay, I can manage 12 hours of work. It’s good money, it’s worth it.
Two hours before I go, the radio plays Smile. And I think of Mike and it makes me happy.
When I finally finish, I go out to my car and start crying in pain.
And now I’m soaking my feet because they’re swollen and ow.
My parents are waiting on me, that’s nice. Doesn’t really help my feet pain.
So I can’t really play the practical joke today. It’s not easy to do that when I can’t even stand.


--

Huh.
A year ago, I was asked to stay late and do a 12 hour day.
The same thing happened yesterday.
pretty ironic, I'd say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment