Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 23: Plastic Fantastic


Day 23
Today, I’m supposed to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon to see what they’d recommend.
I can’t do this. I can’t afford it, insurance won’t cover it, and of course my parents wouldn’t pay. So I’ve got to find some creative way to deal with this task.
I Google “virtual plastic surgeon”.
The first result, I’d have to pay $5 to upload my own photo. So I play around with one of the free sample models.
It’s nothing more than a little morphing tool.
So I check out more of the Google results.
It’s interesting.
I don’t like the virtual new me. Doing this actually made me realize for the first time that I am pretty.
However, then later my life begins to suck.
Or maybe nothing’s really wrong and I’m just randomly pissed off.
It’s hot out, and the stupid building has the heat on. Seriously, it’s gotta be about 75 degrees in here.
I’m working on cleaning up my room to move out tomorrow, and I see everyone else doing the same. But they’ve all got friends and family to help, I have no one.
My dad was supposed to come out today but he decided not to so that he could save gas money.
Screw that.
I want to scream and cry and hurt something. I do not like being in this mood but I am a total bitch right now.
I calm down, but then the song Smile comes on my iPod.
This is our song. Mine and Mike’s.
And it just reminds me that hey, I’m going to be away from him for months. And I start crying.
Why can’t he move out to Westford for the summer too?
My day is really boring. I get another job interview, and that’s good, so I suppose the virtual plastic surgery was close enough to what the book wanted.
When I go to dinner, a guy I don’t know talks to me about the book I’m reading. Tell-All, Chuck Palahniuk’s new novel. It’s pretty good, but I don’t think it’s one of his best.
I never do complete yesterday’s task. I feel like I’m slipping.


--

It's interesting to see the exact point that I stopped following the book so exactly.
in other news, a mosquito is loose in my house and I itch like insane.

0 comments:

Post a Comment