Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 27: Yes/No


Day 27
Today, I’m not supposed to use the words ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
I may have already broken this. I’m going to let that slide because I hadn’t read that yet.
I continually break this throughout the day. I keep forgetting it!
I spend some time with my awesome friend Lainie. It’s her prom tonight, and I’m helping her get ready.
I get into an argument with her boyfriend over Danny Phantom. I used to be completely obsessed with that show, but I’ve barely talked about it in years. Felt good to debate about it again.
I’m pretty sure I said “no” a bunch of times though.
Now I’m just watching some TV and killing time before I need to leave for Mike’s house. I’m excited about this long drive.
The drive is longer than I expected, but I’m able to stop halfway through to get a bit of sugary candy and use a bathroom.
I get to Mike’s house, and he’s not there. The house is dark and no one answers the door.
I’m looking like a creeper, standing out there in the dark with my arms loaded with bags. But I text Mike and he calls his house so that someone lets me in.
Mike gets there, and then we go out for a drive.
He takes me to a dark abandoned parking lot, and we try to have some fun in his car.
I forget about today’s task and say “yes”. A lot.
Then the bad luck comes. We’re interrupted by a policeman shining a flashlight into the car.
I’m so embarrassed, but at the same time, I can’t help but laugh. It’s so clichéd and awkward that it’s just funny.
We return to his house, and the rest of the evening is pretty uneventful.


--

we have not done anything in Mike's car since.
that was really awkward.
plus it was really cramped anyways.

2 comments:

  1. :) It always seems more romantic and spacious in the movies.
    Same as the beach. Too sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Halley Well it is more spacious in the movies--they have to fit a camera in there too, after all.

    ReplyDelete