Sunday, May 15, 2011


Day 24
Today, I’m supposed to practice bartering.
I start the day way too early. 6:30.
I’ve got an 8 am final.
I take the final, it’s easy. I get back to my dorm within the hour.
My dad’s here, and he helps me pack up the dorm. I’m pretty much asleep on my feet.
I get home, and I do sort of barter. I exchange one computer for another.
So instead of my old computer, I finally get my shiny new computer back! It’s got a newer version of Windows on it, though I’m probably going to install Linux soon at Mike’s urging.
I never specifically say this is a barter or a trade, but it kind of is.
I go to my job interview at Burger King. It amounts to basically I’m told they don’t do seasonal hiring but they’re going to look at my application again and see if they can make an exception. I don’t have hope.
That was a huge waste of my time. I could’ve taken a nap to make up for the late start to today.
Oh well. Now I’m just sitting at the TV checking up on all that I’ve missed.
I tell my mom about the bartering thing today, and she decides to barter with me.
It’s not an exchange of goods as the book suggests. I’m preparing a room so she can paint the ceiling, and she’s giving me $30 for the Renaissance Faire this weekend.
My day does not significantly improve after completing the task. But it isn’t horrible either.

--
Ironically, that Burger King closed a few months ago. I'm glad I didn't get the job there, because I wouldn't have it now!
I totally forgot about the Ren Faire. I wanted to go back to that this year, but I guess it's too late now.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I've always wanted to go to a Ren Faire. What are they like?
    I did go to a jousting tournament and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ren Faires are so much fun, I've been to a few of them. People dress up for it, and really pretend they're in Renaissance Europe. Each Faire has its own events, but usually there are jousting shows, sword demonstrations, and themed games.
    Check out http://www.sca.org/ for finding Faires. Some are members-only, but there are ones all over that are open to the public.

    ReplyDelete