Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 41: Apply for a knighthood


Day 41
Today, I’m supposed to apply for knighthood.
Okay, I might do this. I know it won’t be possible.
There’s a Doctor Who marathon today, so at least I can feel kind of British (not really close, I know).
I look up how to apply for knighthood, and no, it’s not possible. I’m American, I’ve done nothing special, I don’t qualify.
I go out with my parents for a while. They say it’ll be for a couple of hours, it lasts way longer than that.
I get new shoes, so maybe my feet won’t hurt too bad next week. I also get a cool little eraser, one of those Japanese ones, to start my collection. It’s little French fries.
Then I spend a few more hours with my parents buying food and things at the hardware store. My foot begins to swell again, and it gets to the point where I just can’t walk.
But taking off my shoes for the drive home does help. I’m now fine.
My mom suggests for the knighthood, I join the SCA. Society for Creative Anachronism—they run a bunch of Renaissance faires and things. I went to some of their faires when I was little.
I look up local chapters, and I’m really not impressed. There’s not much I can do while being a full-time student without a car. So I decide it’s not worth the $35 to be a member. (yet.)
My swollen feet area already bad luck for today. Not doing today’s task won’t really make it that much worse, I hope.
I watch Chocolat with my parents, and it’s really making me crave chocolate. I have some chocolate ice cream, but it’s just not the same.
Also, it’s a good movie.


--

This time, I haven't changed much.
I still collect those erasers, and I still want to be British.
If I was British, I would've seen the latest Doctor Who already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment