Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 39: Learn to speak Swedish

Day 39
Today I’m supposed to learn Swedish.
I read a few phrases from the book, but I can’t really use them while at work.
Instead, while I’m driving to McDonald’s, I listen to ABBA. One of the songs is in Swedish, and since I know the English words, I am learning some Swedish.
Work doesn’t suck, but my feet do hurt again. I will get used to this, right?
I come home and read the rest of the phrases in the book. They all look like the names of furniture from Ikea.
Oh wait. Ikea’s Swedish, isn’t it? Right.
I also happen to watch an old episode of Jimmy Neutron with a Swedish character. (also with a time machine in a phone booth. That makes me laugh.)
I ask my dad to get me some gel insoles for my shoes, so maybe tomorrow my feet won’t hurt so much.


--

am I a dork for liking ABBA?
I was on a serious Mamma Mia kick when the musical came out, it led to me liking the band. it makes sense. kind of.
Except that I'm 20 and loving a band that was considered overblown pop music 40 years ago.

also wtf blogger why did you post this before I was done with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment