Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 16
Today, I’m supposed to discreetly flip people off.
This is fun.
I spend the day scratching my head with my middle finger, extending that finger as I carry my bag, and no one seems to notice. Discreet win.
Today is my last day of classes. I have a conference with my writing teacher to start the day.
She says I have a talent for creative writing, and I should definitely be taking a creative writing class next year.
There are few moments in my life when my dream of being a writer feels completely validated. This is one of those moments.
I could really be an author someday.
I go to the House class, and lament with Ariel about how we’re going to miss this class. How fun is it to watch TV in class and make up ridiculous nicknames for everyone there? I will so miss that.
Later, I have my very last class of the semester—the wonderfully awful computer literacy class.
The power goes out in the middle of class. It’s warm and dark in the room, and I really want to sleep.
Luckily, the class lets out early.
I return to my room, and don’t leave the rest of the night.
Glee is on tonight, so that’ll be a good thing.


--

Huh.
I'm reading all these other blogs I follow, they're all inspirational, and I'm writing about flipping people off.
Okay then.

2 comments:

  1. Total win!
    Also I think this sort of inspiration helps when I'm doubting myself.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pqUCAFgwiLI/TJijY5vCujI/AAAAAAAAJQQ/zWmw0Bj4RGc/s1600/fullsize-holstee-manifesto.png

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that! It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete