Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 37: Today, eat and run


Day 37
Today, I’m supposed to eat and run.
This is also the day I start my job at McDonald’s. This isn’t going to go well.
But I actually manage. Technically. Since it’s my first day, I get my lunch for free.
I’m working at the register. It’s not bad. It’s pretty easy, customers are friendly and don’t mind that I’m a little slower than the other cashiers.
The register is the only thing I do today—I know that I’ll learn assembling the food for the customer and how to make coffee, but that’s not for my first day.
The only sucky part is that I’m there 8 hours. And I learn I’m scheduled for 8 hours for the next 3 days too.
When I finish, my feet hurt so much.
I’ll get used to it, I know. But for now, ow.
I get home, and I’m greeted by Mike. That’s nice.
We go to see a movie. MacGruber. I thought it would be pretty good ‘cause I like the SNL sketch, but it really wasn’t. There were funny parts, but that didn’t make it a good movie.
I manage to sleep better tonight. That’s good.

--
A year later, and the only other thing I can do is make the coffee.
well, sort of. I can do the entire front end, fill orders, make fries, make ice cream, but I haven't yet been trained on making food.
also, feet still hurt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment