Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 13: Send a Letter to a Mass Murderer


Day 13
Today, I’m supposed to send a letter to a mass murderer.
I won’t do this one. I can’t.
I’m a young college girl. I’m the ideal target for any murderer. Why would I give my name and address to someone who I know would kill me?
I get that the book wants me to do risky and crazy things, but this is not a good idea.
I’ll accept my bad luck for today. I just cannot do this.
A wasp gets into my room.
I’m terrified of wasps. I 100% believe they only exist to kill me.
Is this my bad luck for not doing what the book said?
I just don’t want to die here. Whether it’s from a wasp or a crazy mass murderer.
Can today just end already? It’s just barely noon and that’s the start of my bad luck. What’s next? I get run over by a car?
My bad luck continues when my computer won’t recognize 2 DVDs I want to watch.
I send a ‘psychic’ letter to Charles Manson, basically recognizing that he’s done something that caused a lasting impact on our culture, but I don’t like him for it.
My luck actually somewhat improves after that.


--

Oh God I remember that wasp.
It was one of the three-inch long kinds, and was RIGHT ON MY WALL NEXT TO MY BED.
I seriously have spheksophobia, and apiphobia. True, they've never been diagnosed as phobias, but the definition is that it interferes with my everyday life, right?
So when I'm terrified to even leave my room on sunny days and break down crying when one gets in my room, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as an actual phobia.
I've always been this scared. I've always screamed, had panic attacks, had meltdowns around wasps and bees. It's not fun, but I can't make it go away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment