Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 28: Choose your final meal on death row and make it.


Day 28
Today, I’m supposed to make and eat the meal I would have on death row.
Two problems with this: one, I’m at Mike’s house. Two, I don’t know what I would eat!
I have to get up early to go to church with Mike’s family. This will be interesting, as I’m not at all religious.
It’s extremely awkward. In some ways, it is interesting, but I feel like an outsider. I’m not opposed to the idea of Christianity, but there are some things that are said that I absolutely cannot agree with.
After church, we change into our costumes for the Renaissance Faire. Though I still think people are going to laugh at Mike’s Doctor Who costume, I have to admit he looks so hot in it.
We go to the faire, snacking on M&Ms that I brought while we drive. M&Ms I know are part of my death row meal. They’re one of the two things that I know I will have. (The other is ice cream from Kimball Farms. Also probably a Jamba Juice, but they don’t have those out here.)
The faire is great. It’s big and there’s so many people dressed in elegant costumes—just like me! I feel like I fit in here.
What surprises me is Mike fits in too. People keep remarking “hey, there’s the Doctor!” And what’s really surprising is that there’s another Doctor there! (number 4, I think. The one with the scarf.)
Mike and I catch two shows, a comedy show and a swordfighting one. They’re both awesome. Mike was a little wary of the first show, but then he loved it.
I get a tarot reading. The guy doing the reading is nice. He says my life’s good right now, but I’ve got trouble in my career. He tells me I can be a great author if I just don’t give up.
As Mike and I continue wandering, he’s suddenly waved over by a girl wearing a T-shirt that says “You never forget your first doctor”. She’s all excited and she hugs him.
Mike is apparently loving this. They talk about the Doctor and show off their sonic screwdrivers and take some pictures together.
You’d think I’d be jealous over this, but I’m not. I can tell he’s having fun.
As we’re leaving, the only thing he can talk about is how awesome it is to have a fangirl. So I guess he really loved that.
We drive back to his house, I get a quick dinner there, then I head home.
The drive home is not bad. And even though it’s about 9 PM, I’m nowhere near as tired as my parents were sure I would be. I’m rocking out to Lady Gaga and I feel great.
When I get home, I make sure to have some Kimball Farms ice cream (chocolate chocolate truffle flavor) to complete today’s task. Then, I’m really tired and I need to sleep.

--

I miss Jamba Juice so bad. I haven't had one in about three years.
I found a good substitute but it's not the saaaaame.

you know, my death row meal should have had more actual food in it. I have such a sweet tooth though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment