Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 99: Experience Christ's Plight


Day 99
Today I’m supposed to carry a giant wooden cross to experience Jesus’s sacrifice.
Okay, a religious day? Let’s spend a moment saying my views.
I am agnostic. I have always been agnostic. I will never not be agnostic. I understand that there is no way I will understand the mysterious powers of the universe, if there are any, before I die and meet them.
Christianity is an interesting religion, but not one that I ever plan on joining. There is just too much stigma against it, also churches make me feel really uncomfortable.
I have read the Bible, and I admit that the story of Jesus is worth remembering. However, I cannot know if it is true or only a story, and that is really what makes me not a Christian.
I get a small silver cross on a necklace for today. It’s not a giant wooden cross, but it gets the point across, right?
Turns out the chain has nickel in it. Turns out I’m allergic to nickel. Also my day completely sucks.
I work 7 hours today, and guess what? They forget to give me a break.
Then at the end of my incredibly long day, I ask to get my discount for my food since I never got a break, and I’m told no, because I was still not paid for the half hour I would’ve gotten my break.
I’m hoping the manager who told me that was wrong. Because even though it’s only half an hour, they did not give me a break therefore I have to be paid, right? I’m really pissed off about this, and I end up crying on the way home because I’m mad and upset that they can just screw me over and get away with it.
I take off the necklace after work, and my day suddenly improves. I spend hours talking to Mike online, watching TV, it’s all good.
I do have to put some anti-itch cream on my neck as the chain of the necklace gave me a rash, but otherwise all’s good today.


--

Okay, so I ended up getting paid for that half hour that day after all.
Still pisses me off that if they wanted to, they could've gotten away without paying me. I could argue all I want, but what chance would I have in court? Even if I'm right, they have lots better lawyers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment