Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 81: Celebrate Nature


Day 81
Today, Mike is coming!
Also I’m supposed to kill a fly on a page of the Book.
There’s no flies in the house. This could be hard.
So I never really get around to doing it, and it makes my day suck.
Early this morning, I’m driving to work, happily singing along to the Thumbelina soundtrack (I love Thumbelina so much) and suddenly, I get a flat tire.
So I have to call my parents to come get me and drive me to work. This makes me late and in a blah mood.
Customers aren’t so terrible today, at least, but they are very stupid. I’m constantly explaining the most basic things to people.
Also, more badness happens when I trip in the bathroom and bang my head against the handicapped bar. Oww.
I stay late a bit because my dad has to pick me up, and I don’t know he’s there. He’s sitting out in the parking lot where I can’t see him. So I just keep working.
I should be okay with this—it’s up to me to ask my manager if I can go, so really this is my choice, but I’m a little annoyed at the whole thing. I really just want to get out of there.
I make it home, and then spend a long time showering and making myself all pretty for Mike. He won’t be here for a few hours, but I like being pretty.
I then start on making dinner for my family (and for Mike if he’d perhaps like some when he’s here. Okay really it’s for Mike. I wanna show off a bit for him) and it takes a long time.
By a long time, I mean I started at 4 and now it’s 7:45 and it’s not done.
It finally finishes at 8, and it is delicious. Apple-crusted pork loin and chive-buttered potatoes. One of the best meals I’ve ever made.
Mike’s still not here. Sigh.
But then Mike does get here, and I am very happy. I missed him.
We watch TV for a while, make out for a while, and I’m just happy to be with him. I forget about the book and my bad day, the only thing important is Mike is here.


--

Mike never shows up when he says he will.
I know he has stuff going on and I'm pretty far away from him, but it would be nice to not have him show up hours late.
Okay, it isn't hours late every time, but it's enough times that I get sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment