Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 86: Go to the wrong side of the tracks


Day 86
Today, I have to go to the wrong side of the tracks.
Since I’ve been to both sides of the railroad tracks in town, I decide to go to a place that scares me—the Abercrombie & Fitch store.
Yeah, laugh at that. There’s this weird huge divide around here between the punk kids and the prep kids, and since I’m more on the punk side, I just don’t belong in Abercrombie. (Besides that, I’m too fat to fit in any of those clothes.)
Anyways. When I say there’s a huge divide, I don’t mean people on either side actually hate each other. They all get along pretty well, but at the same time cliques are big.
Yay for being done with high school drama.
So my trip to the mall takes a long time to start. My dad takes the car in for an oil change, and somehow they take 4 hours to do this.
But I do eventually get the car and I go.
Abercrombie is interesting. I don’t buy anything, but I do say hi to two really hot guys who are working there. Then I leave. The end.
At another store, I do something a bit daring. For the first time, I buy thongs.
Deb’s has them on sale for 5 for $10, and I have always been a bit curious if they’re as uncomfortable as they look. So I buy a few.
Of course, when I mention this to Mike, he gets excited and wants pictures. It’s fun to tease him.


--

Thongs? Uncomfortable.

2 comments:

  1. I used to shop for my girls in Abercrombie back when they were in high school. I always thought the music was uncomfortably LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nancy
    I think the music is going to be loud in any store aimed towards teenagers. It just happens that the music in Abercrombie is also, in my opinion, really terrible.

    ReplyDelete