Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 84: Today throw away an apple core


Day 84
Today, I need to toss an apple core into a park and come back in 20 years to see if a tree has grown.
Once more, after work.
Work is long and slow, as it always is on Sundays. I get through it, though, because I know I’ve got tomorrow and the next day off.
When I get home, I talk to my mom about dying hair. I’ve been thinking for a while about dying mine red. So we head to CVS and get a box of nonpermanent dye and some of those hairstyle magazines. I’m dying it tonight.
Back home, I get an apple core (and I eat the apple—yummy) and head out to the backyard to toss it. There’s an area of woods behind our house, and it’s community-owned, so I can call it a park. Plus, it’s less likely to be disturbed and could actually be a tree.
I toss it in a pile of leaves right by our entrance to the woods. 20 years from now, let’s see what happens.
The only other interesting thing that happens tonight is I see the international space station in orbit. It’s just a dot of very bright light that moves really fast, and it’s awesome.
I don’t even dye my hair tonight. I realize that my head’s sunburned from Canobie Lake, so I probably shouldn’t dye it yet.


--

So, I did eventually dye my hair red, and I absolutely loved it.
In fact, I've gone between red and blonde ever since. Dying my hair is addicting!
I went out to my backyard to see if I could see a small apple tree--and there's a lot of plants out there, so no, I couldn't.

did anyone else see the ISS last year, or have you ever seen it? It was pretty cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment