Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 79: Today


Day 79
Today, I’m supposed to be aware of the world and read newspapers.
Okay, so today I’ll read the New York Times, the Westford Eagle, and the Lowell Sun. That’s probably good enough.
I’ve got some time in the morning since for once I don’t need to be at work till 11.
However, this morning I notice a leak in the wall. My dad describes it as the wall is peeing.
It’s possible I’ll be out of a shower and toilet for a few days, forcing us into a hotel. And Mike is coming soon! If this stupid leak makes me miss him, I’ll be so miserable.
Work is short today, only 6 hours. It sort of sucks, but not as much as normal.
I come home and I’m done reading the papers, but I don’t know the answers to what’s in the book.
I’ll Google them.
Weather in Zambia today: it was in the 80s.
Number of wars in progress today: Searching this on Google leads me to a game called “Progress Wars”, so I’ll just say at least 1. I know there’s this “war on terrorism” going on still. (And it should end, but I don’t want to get political now, so I’ll say no more.)
World population: 6,697,254,041. wow.
Result of main sporting event today: I actually know this! I watched this at work! Netherlands won in the semifinals of the World Cup.
First topic on Jerry Springer today: don’t care.
Middle East oil reserves today: are still in the Middle East.
Number of astronauts in space today: None.
Lottery results in Colorado today: 3 5 6 21 34 40
Percentage of faked orgasms today: I heard that on average daily, this is like 70%. Poor girls.
Time spent waiting for phones to be picked up: every phone I heard ring, like 40 seconds.
Moon-Earth distance at midday: About a quarter million miles.
Horoscope of Leo with Scorpio ascendant: “You're feeling a little extra stubborn today, but that doesn't mean that all is lost for those around you! It may be a good time for you to experiment with standing your ground in a different way.”
Number of birthdays worldwide: 350,200.
I am now an expert on today. Whee.
Also, the leak is fixed, so no hotel for us!


--

Despite being an expert a year ago, I haven't remembered any of this stuff.
Except that Netherlands won the semifinals. I got weirdly way into the world cup.

okay, people who I hope are reading this? I'm starting to get kind of depressed at lack of comments. I do give up too easily sometimes and I don't want to, but why am I putting effort into a blog that no one's reading?

0 comments:

Post a Comment