Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 75: Gino's Italian Restaurant


Day 75
I wake up dragging today, I’m so tired.
My task is to make a reservation for some restaurant in Louisiana for the 4th of July next year. I just choose not to do this—it’s the 2nd of July this year today, so I doubt that any restaurant will be making reservations more than a year in advance. It would be confusing.
I’m so tired, but somehow I manage to make it to work.
Work is—you know, I don’t even remember how work was today. I spent the entire time humming Lady Gaga songs, looking forward to going to her concert tonight!
So, I’ll just talk about that concert.
There were so many people there! The concert’s at TD Garden, which I’m pretty sure is the biggest venue in Boston. I’ve never been there before, so I’m so surprised to see just how many people there are.
Everyone’s dressed as Gaga, but sadly, some of them don’t know the difference between being Gaga and being a slut.
I feel out of place wearing just my jeans and a T-shirt, but my T-shirt does say “Be Weird” which is kind of Gaga if you think about it.
The opening band, Semi Precious Weapons, kind of sucks. They’ve got the shock value of Gaga but none of her talent.
Actually, the singer is kind of good, he’s just not singing as well as he probably could then.
Gaga herself is fantastic. The sets and costumes are really spectacular and way out there. My favorite is the “fame monster” which is just huge and actually kind of terrifying. It reminds me of the monster fish from Finding Nemo.
I’m dancing and singing along to every song, putting my “paws up” like everyone around me, and even though I’m like 30 kajillion rows back, there’s a part of me that feels like Gaga can see me there and appreciates my fan-ness.
It’s so cool.
I even love the crazy leaving the venue after the concert. There’s a huge crowd on the way out of course, and no one can hear anything ‘cause it was so loud, and everyone’s in that post-concert haze where you just keep talking about how awesome it was.
Then, someone starts singing Bad Romance, and random strangers around them join in. And within seconds, the entire stairwell sings.
We only make it to “want your bad romance”, but still. Just music joining together random strangers is always an amazing thing.
I fall asleep on the ride home. I’ve been up since 5 this morning, and now it’s after midnight, I’m so tired.


--

If I'd actually done the task a year ago, I could have been in Louisiana yesterday.
I would have much preferred that to working 7 hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment