Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 82: Sit in the lotus position for 30 minutes today


Day 82
Today, I need to sit in lotus position for half an hour.
But the day starts first with Mike and I going off to Canobie Lake Park, a fun local amusement park.
We spend the day riding the rides, and trying to survive the insane heat.
Mike suggests we go on a boat ride, a tour around the lake behind the park. I don’t think that’ll be a great ride, kind of slow and nothing really to see, but he says it’ll be romantic. So I give in.
It kind of is romantic, getting to sit next to him.
The rides are fun, especially when we get to the water rides and can cool off. It’s great.
The water park area itself kind of sucks, though, so we leave soon after going there.
We spend the night cuddling and watching sci-fi. We’re geeks, yeah, but it’s fun.
I do try the lotus position late at night when I remember it, but I can’t do it without hurting my ankle pretty badly. So I only manage to sit that way for about 7 minutes.
By that time, it’s too late at night for bad luck.


--

I understand the point of meditation.
what I don't understand is why it needs to happen in specific positions? Can't I be comfortable to meditate?

1 comment: