Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 91: Today invent a new way of peeling potatoes


Day 91
Today, I have to find a new way to peel potatoes.
So I tell my mom, and she says we’ll have potatoes with dinner. I then go to work, and it’s actually interesting again.
First of all, there’s this adorable little kid. He’s telling me how many happy meal toys he has, and he holds up two fingers, middle and index. Then he remembers he only has one, so he puts down his index finger.
Ever had a little kid accidentally flip you off? It’s the most hilarious thing.
Later, a customer notices one of my coworkers, who’s really just a kid, leaning against the counter and stretching out his feet.
She comments to the manager that his posture is unprofessional.
The manager, being sane here, just walks away.
So she asks me, “Isn’t he going to say something to him?”
I just shrug, and cover for the kid with, “Well, his feet hurt.”
“This is terrible customer service,” she snaps, grabbing her food and walking away.
Seriously, lady? He wasn’t even serving you, I was. How is his foot pain even remotely related to customer service.
Of course, the kid laughs about it (and is also shocked that anyone even cared about that, really).
When I get home, my parents are busy cleaning the house for the housekeepers to come tomorrow. This has never made sense to me, but whatever. I clean up a bit too.
Then I work with the potatoes for dinner. I have no idea what to do, so my mom suggests I use an apple peeler.
We have a weird device that peels, cores, and cuts apples into rings. So why not use it for a potato?
It works. And then my mom deep-fries the potato rings and bam, curly fries.
Delicious.


--

I forgot about those fries! I'm going to make some more tomorrow. Homemade curly fries are cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment