Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 87: Tonight send a message in Morse


Day 87
Today, I’m supposed to send a message with a flashlight from my window in Morse code.
This is something I need to wait till it’s dark to do. And since this is the middle of summer, it doesn’t get dark till pretty late.
Work is weird today.
The girl who starts the grill early before opening never showed up, so we open an hour late. I have to spend that hour explaining what’s going on to angry customers.
Then, when we finally can serve breakfast, we run out of sausage. Half the breakfast items at McDonald’s have sausage on them.
Things become more normal, if a bit slow, later.
Then after work, I dye my hair.
Finally, I’m a redhead. It’s interesting. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and not recognizing me. I like it, but it’s so bizarre.
I’ve been a blonde for so long that I don’t know how to be a redhead, but now I am.
I’m trying to figure out how to debut my hair to my friends. A Facebook message and a photo is boring, but I won’t see any friends for a few days, so it’ll be faded by then.
When my mom gets home, she points out that there’s streaks and bits of hair that didn’t get dyed, but that’s fine. I only have to live with this for maybe 2 weeks before it washes out and I get it done professionally.
I don’t know if I’ll ever send Morse code. It’s an hour and a half before I need to get to bed and it’s not dark yet.
I did jokingly tap out SOS on the counter while I was at work, maybe that’ll be enough for the book.


--
The streakiness and bits that weren't dyed were because of my dad.
Never let your dad dye your hair. He does not know what he's doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment