Wednesday, June 22, 2011


Day 62
Today, I have to prepare circles everywhere I go.
I don’t really do this, because it’s impossible. I draw circles with my foot where I can, but they often don’t last as I’m drawing them on hard ground. Only two stick—in the bathroom rug in front of the sink, and the one at work. That one was drawn with grease.
My day doesn’t completely suck. It’s long and busy, but I manage.
Because I have not much to say, I’m just going to go into a rant about McDonald’s.
My job is not to be your slave, people. My job is to help you get food and help McDonald’s get money. I will be polite to you, I may even be a nice friendly person.
But if you’re demanding, I’m going to silently hate you. Deal with it. I won’t spit in your food, I won’t overcharge you, the most I’ll do is stop smiling and roll my eyes at you.
Old people, I’ll forgive you because I know you’re just cranky from being old.
Little kids, I’ll forgive you because you’re just adorable.
But you jerkasses in your midlife crises and you douchey teenage boys trying to flirt with me or make fun of me (or maybe it’s the same thing for you, I can’t understand the boy mind), I will hate you. Be polite and just tell me what you want, then leave.
Bitchy ladies who are clearly sick of your kids, I may not even be polite to you. You’re the worst. If I need you to repeat something because I couldn’t hear you over the screaming baby, shut the kid up before being all nasty at me.
If you have a heavy accent, I may not understand you. This doesn’t mean I’m racist. It just means it’s noisy behind the counter and you’re not speaking quite clearly. Same goes for old people who are quiet.
If the kitchen messes up your food, don’t yell at me. I’m going to have them remake it, no charge to you. But seriously, you have the receipt in your hand telling you I put in the order right. Just simply ask for a redo and you’ll be fine, there’s no need for bitching at me.
I’m required to ask you if you want a frappe. I’m required to ask you if it’s for here or to go. I’m required to ask you if you need sauce or ketchup or whatever. Don’t be all snide about it. Don’t roll your eyes and say a drawn out “noooooo”. I can’t read your mind. I’m awesome, but not that awesome.
Okay. I feel better now.

--
There's a theory I've heard that everyone should have to work food service and/or retail once in their lives.
I absolutely agree with this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment