Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 64: Today send a letter


Day 64
Today, I have to send a photo of myself and a $5 bill to someone at random, no return address or explanation.
I ‘randomly’ chose to send it to a Daniel Fenton in Indiana.
Okay, so my old Danny Phantom obsession hasn’t completely gone away. It’s sad that I still remember that my friends and I had figured out that Danny lived in Indiana.
The rest of my plans for today are simple. I’m going to go to see Toy Story 3 with my dad. Also I’m going to buy some new jeans because sadly, mine have worn through and now have holes on the inner thigh.
I need more than one pair of jeans at a time, really.
I get a picture and a $5 bill and I’m going to send the letter, but my dad stops me. He wants to send it from a different city, so he’s taking it with him when he goes out to San Francisco with my mom so that a stalker won’t trace it back to Westford. Technically, my part’s done here.
I go out with my dad later in the day. I get my new jeans, and I’m happy with them.
Then, we go to see Toy Story 3. It’s really a great movie. It made me feel like a little kid again, but it didn’t seem like a “kid’s movie”. It seemed like it wasn’t for kids, it was for those of us who actually grew up with Woody and Buzz.
Also now that I’m home, I’m going to go hug my teddy bear and promise him that I’ll never abandon him. My kids will be playing with him.


--

A year ago was the only time I've seen Toy Story 3.
Like everyone else my age, it touched me and made me cry. It was seeing what happened to my childhood friends and really caring about their fate.
why haven't I seen it again since? I don't know. I should get the DVD.

also, I wonder what happened to that photo and $5? anyone know a Daniel Fenton in Indiana who got this in the mail?

0 comments:

Post a Comment