Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 56: Rock n Roll


Day 56
Today, I’m supposed to live the rockstar life.
I kind of forgot the Book, so I can’t follow the schedule provided.
My day starts with waking up early and reading the book I bought yesterday. It was literally a I could not put it down kind of book.
Then I go to church with Mike and his family. It’s just as awkward as last time I went to church with him, but at least this time Mike is with me the whole time.
But then my rockstar life starts. We go to Mike’s friend’s graduation party.
I met this friend once, so it’s not as awkward as it could be.
We party for hours (and by party I mean we make awkward semi-sexual jokes while playing ping-pong and Wii Sports). Ariel shows up, and I haven’t seen her in about a month so we spend a bunch of time catching up, talking about Glee and reminiscing about the House class we took.
I take probably way too much cake at the party, but hey, they had three cakes and I was supposed to be all rockstar diva.
Towards the end of this party, people start heading into the pool. I don’t feel like swimming, but I put on my bathing suit top anyways pretty much because I think I look hot in it. (and judging by Mike’s looks, I think he agreed.)
Hey, I’m a rockstar today, I can wear something skimpy and think I look good.
I keep trying to get Mike’s shirt off, and other people help me by trying to get him soaked. Some of the guys almost throw him in the pool, but don’t because his phone’s in his pocket. I offhandedly mention I only want his shirt off, so they could just dip him in. Then, they actually do.
At least it gets Mike’s shirt off. I win.
I head home, rocking out to music in my car and eating junk food for dinner. I’m not sure how rockstar this is, but I’m pretty sure rockstars eat junk food and drive for long periods of time, right?
When I get home, I learn that the Tonys are on tonight. My parents recorded them for me. But honestly, I don’t really care about them anymore. I watch the performances, but I just don’t care who wins.
I’m only excited about Matthew Morrison’s performance. Wow, why doesn’t he sing like that on Glee?


--

I miss having parties like that.
Growing up sucks, you know? I can no longer just have a party with friends on a whim, it has to take planning to coordinate schedules, and it's rare that my friends and I all have a day off at the same time.
I don't like summers anymore. Too much working. they're not a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment