Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 58: Decide what skills to pass on in your family


Day 58
Today, I’m supposed to decide what skill I should pass on to my children.
This is assuming that I will have kids someday. I do want kids, maybe 10 years from now.
I obviously can’t begin teaching my kids a skill right now, but I’ll decide today what they’re going to learn.
I decide to teach my kids the art of devil sticks. It’s a type of juggling.
I learned it a few years ago for a theater camp play. We did Barnum, a musical based on the life of PT Barnum. At the end of the play, there’s a big circus scene, and all of us kids in the show had to learn some circus trick. I chose devil sticks (mostly ‘cause I sucked at everything else). I turned out to be not terrible at it, and I pick up my old set every so often just for fun.
I make some cupcakes (a fun hobby) with my dad, and he suggests I pass on my cooking skills to my future kids. I probably will, but c’mon, devil stick juggling is such an eccentric skill that it’ll be cool for my kids to learn it.
My day after that is kind of boring. I talk to Mike about Buffy the Vampire Slayer—he’s watching the series for the first time and I’m trying not to spoil things for him. But I am keeping a record of the completely wrong things he says. Such as “Buffy would never go for Spike” and “Glory obviously doesn’t kill her [Buffy]”.
The cupcakes come out of okay, but after making them, I feel kind of fat. I want to exercise, but I’ve got a headache.
It doesn’t help that when I mention this to my dad, he says I’m making excuses and that I am fat. And, okay, I know I really am, but it’s just not something you want other people to tell you.
I want to go for a drive, just to get out of the house, but I can’t even start the freaking car. The parking brake is stuck.
I break down crying. I seem to be doing this a lot lately. I feel completely inadequate and I just want someone to tell me it’ll be okay. But my dad’s mad at me (because I slammed the door, oh noes) and Mike’s mysteriously stopped talking. I’m alone and it hurts.
The rest of my day continues to suck.
I talk to my parents about getting some sleeping aids so that I won’t have such a screwy sleep schedule. They agree, and I’ll be getting some soon.

--

it seems like life sucks whenever I'm working.
I was fine during school, but last summer and this summer are both terrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment