Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 63: Break A World Record


Day 63
Today, I’m supposed to break a world record.
I do this very simply: I proclaim myself the awesomest person to have ever lived. I even write it down to make it official.
I suppose it worked, because my day doesn’t suck.
Work is dead. Really, our lunch rush is maybe 6 people at a time. It’s so slow.
But I’m okay with that. I’m literally getting paid to do nothing. I’m watching TV, talking to the new kid, and it’s good. I like this.
The last hour kind of sucks, because I have a few terrible customers. There’s one lady who assumes that no one speaks English but me—because I’m white.
Then there was this bitch (I wouldn’t normally just call someone that, but that’s what she is) who gave me a $5 bill to pay for a $2 item, then accused me of short-changing her. She of course gave me $20.
She had the manager on duty count out the drawer to make sure she was right. I was supposed to leave then, but I had to stay for another 15 minutes taking care of other customers while he counted the drawer.
Of course she was nearby me this whole time, talking to her friend and calling me a "stupid little girl". She kept saying she was hoping I was being careful with other people's change.
The drawer ended up being completely right of course. She said that I must have made so many other mistakes it had evened out and she still needed her $15.
Then she said she would be calling the manager and I should be fired.
I don’t think I’ll be fired, of course. I did nothing wrong, the manager even told me so. So ha, bitch.
When I get home, I’m pretty much immediately rushed out to go with my dad to take my mom to the airport. She’s going to San Francisco for a conference for her work, and my dad will be joining her in a few days.
After we drop Mom off, Dad and I go to Sonic for dinner. I don’t really like this restaurant, but my dad does, and it is Father’s Day.
The food is okay, the restaurant itself is just terrible. I don’t like sitting in the car to eat—the car is not comfortable.
But then we get home and I can finally relax in front of the TV. I don’t have to get up tomorrow. This is good.
I talk to Mike online, and he wants to see me. So I send him a picture text, and that’s not good enough for him, he wants me to turn on my webcam.
I have a gigantic zit, I haven’t washed my hair in a few days, I really don’t want my boyfriend to see me like this. I try telling him that, and he insists he doesn’t care and that I should let him see me anyways.
Yeah, I start crying a bit (with the webcam off). I don’t want him upset with me, but I really don’t want to be seen.
Ironically, when I finally do give in with the webcam, his computer apparently isn’t working and he can’t see me.
So yeah, that was a lot of crying for nothing.
But I do feel better after a little while.

--
I'm dead tired. I think, from rereading this post, this was about the time last year too that I burned out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment