Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 67: Detox Day


Day 67
Today, I’m supposed to detox my body.
Really, I’m supposed to eat nothing, but since I have 8 hours of work, not going to happen.
So I decide to try an actual diet for today. I will cut out grease.
For breakfast, I have a muffin and some fruit. This morning is actually pretty relaxing, despite it being 5 am, because the house is silent. No one’s home, so no one’s rushing me out the door saying that I’ll be late.
I am late leaving the house, but I get to work on time.
Work is long and terrible. There’s really nothing healthy at McDonald’s, but I manage with water and apples. I do break and have a sausage biscuit, but hey, I’m on my period. I really need that iron.
The day just keeps getting longer, and I’m pretty much dead from cramps. I’m handling things mostly on my own because the only other one at the registers is going through training. It’s hard.
But I finally get home, and I break today’s task again by having a delicious chocolate pudding. Yay pudding.
Hey, with my period, chocolate should always be allowed.
I make myself a dinner of grilled chicken and some fruit salad. (Okay, I didn’t make the fruit salad, that was leftovers. But I did make the chicken.)
The chicken overcooks a bit, but it makes this nice hard crust that I then season with garlic-infused sea salt and black pepper.
And it’s delicious.
I wonder why I don’t cook more often. I used to love to cook, and I still do, really, but I never feel like I have time.
I’ve been doing more baking now, but somehow, it’s not as satisfying. Mix ingredients, stick in oven, ta-da. I still love it, just not as much as actual cooking.
Anyways. The dinner is good, and when I go to bed tonight, I actually manage to fall asleep without a problem. That probably has more to do with the sleeping pill I took rather than how my luck for the day has been going, but whatever.


--

I got less than 6 hours of sleep last night. I don't have any year later thoughts. just read that part up there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment