Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 50: Make people notice you today!


Day 50
Today, I need to make people notice me.
While I’m at work, I continually tap my fingers against the register to the beat of songs stuck in my head. I’m not sure if this makes me noticeable.
Work is extremely slow today. I’m so bored.
After work, I drive home with my music blaring and my windows rolled down. Also, I’m loudly singing along for everyone to hear. I think some people do notice me.
Also, I go to the post office to collect mail from our box, and I’m still in my McDonald’s uniform. This is noticeable.
However, in the mail is a package. A CD. It’s one I’ve been waiting for, The Young Veins’ “Take A Vacation”. I used to be seriously obsessed with Panic At the Disco, so of course I would love the music from this group. (I don’t feel like explaining that. If you know Panic/TYV, you get it. If you don’t know them, listen to their music.)
The CD is fantastic and makes my day a bit better.
Later in the day, I go with my dad to Boston to film a concert. I’m used to filming things with him, but I’ve never done it after already working for 7 hours.
The performance is something called Chekov Triptych. It’s three stories of Anton Chekov’s read aloud with musical accompaniment. It’s an interesting concept, but it sucks. So bad.
I’m literally falling asleep as I’m filming it, but I hope that it came out okay.
So, my day kind of sucks, but I really did try to stand out today.


--

I remember that concert, and how terribly boring it was.
It was just. long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment