Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 52: Life

Day 52
Today, I’m up at 5 to get ready for work.
I’m exhausted and I can’t really move. I’m tired all through work and the customers just seem bitchier today.
But then I get home and I can relax.
Today’s task is to find the meaning of life.
To all those fellow geeks out there reading my blog: if you are snarkily saying “well duh it’s 42” right now, WRONG. 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of life, it is not the meaning.
To find the meaning of life, I’m going to read the entries on Wikipedia, dictionary.com, and Urban Dictionary.
Wikipedia: “Life (cf. biota) is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes (biology) from those that do not,[1][2] either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.[3]
Dictionary.com: “the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.”
Urban Dictionary: “A sexually-transmitted, terminal disease.”

I like that last one.
The rest of my day is boring and relaxing, but in a good way. I get to wind down and do nothing.
I talk to Mike late at night and I just break down crying because all of a sudden it hits me that I miss him. I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks, and that’s the longest we’ve gone so far without seeing each other.
I’ve been fine without him the past couple weeks, getting along fine with just talking to him every day, but today all I want to do is just see him.
I watch So You Think You Can Dance, and the girl I knew didn’t make it. I’m sad for her.

--
Okay this year, the girl did make it.
Ryan Ramirez. Vote for her.
I say this partly 'cause I used to know her, and partly because she is actually good. When she says she's been dancing for her whole life, she's not lying. She really was dancing back in elementary school when I knew her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment