Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 132: Lucky Number [and pushy cashiers and a shameless plug]


Day 132
Today, my lucky number is 12.
That’s great for my lucky number, but I don’t plan to do anything today.
Sometimes you just need a day to do nothing all day long.
But I actually change my plans to go out and buy some school supplies.
The cashier at Staples really annoys me. She actually will not scan my items until she’s told me every little detail of their rewards program. I do interrupt her several times to tell her I’m uninterested, and she ignores me!
Eventually I tell her that unless I can’t buy a few notebooks without signing up, I don’t care. That makes her give up (or she runs out of things to say) and finally I manage to get out of there.
Yeah, she’s annoying.
But then I get to return to my doing nothing. Yay for nothing.

--
Okay I do get that cashiers have to push the rewards program and risk getting fired if they don't. Sucky corporate policy, I won't hate the cashier for it.
I honestly can't remember if I was rude in tone or not. I really don't think I was. If I was, then random cashier, I am sorry. But seriously there is a limit on how much a sane person can take that pushing!

Shameless plug: Anyone who's into dolling, check out my other blog. http://steph-writingstoshare.blogspot.com/2011/08/dolling-post.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment