Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 115: Break a law [and 15 minutes of fame]


Day 115
Today, I’m supposed to break a law, using a free pass that comes with the book.
I really don’t think any law enforcement officer is going to accept that pass, but whatever, I’ll just break a few laws and hope I don’t get caught.
My day starts out badly with an email from my friend Stephanie. She’s having problems.
I’m going to say that these problems of hers have been going on for a while and will not described in detail here. All you need to know is that I’ve been there for her for this for a long while.
Anyways, I’m feeling bad when I go to work over this. But I have to deal with eight hours of torture anyways.
On CNN early that morning, I see a story about how a McDonald’s worker was attacked by a customer. It’s kind of terrifying and I’m wary of my customers for the rest of the day.
CNN continually talks about this flight attendant who flipped out at a passenger who caused him to get a bruise on his head. Apparently the flight attendant cursed at the passenger, cursed at him over the intercom, and then stole some beer and went out the emergency slide.
I understand that sometimes you want to curse out a customer. I want to do that every single day. But this guy then caused so much damage and went to jail for it and somehow he’s a hero? And all he’d gotten was a bump on the head to start it?
I also just don’t like that smug look he has. He looks like an asshole.
I commit a crime today. I’m making change for myself buying my lunch, and I take an extra penny. Oh no, stealing.
I don’t think anyone will care, though. It’s only a penny.
Anyways, I get through my day, though slowly. I get home and talk to Stephanie a bit more, and it seems like things are better, but I really don’t know. I just have to hope things are okay.


--

Remember that guy? He was a dick.
I don't remember his name. Funny how the 15 minutes of fame is really so short. When someone's briefly famous, you just want the world to shut up about them, then suddenly, you've forgotten them.
Although the guy shouldn't have been famous for what he did. I still stand by that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment