Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 128: Try a new fruit [and fear]


Day 128
Today is a day devoted to cleaning.
Also cooking and trying new things. I’ll be making a recipe with urfa biber pepper, a new kind of pepper I bought at Pi-Con. And today’s task is to try a new fruit, so I bought a papaya to try later.
Anyways. There isn’t much to say. I haven’t made the dinner yet or tried the papaya, so I’ll write here again in a few hours after I do.
The dinner is good, and papaya is tasty. I’m happy with it.
I think my night’s going to be boring from now on, but I’m wrong. My dad’s sick.
Have I mentioned his stomach problems before? I don’t think so.
So quick backstory: about 3 years ago, my dad had severe necrotizing pancreatitis which put him in the hospital for months. Now he’s better but every so often he has to go back to the hospital.
So him being sick is a bad sign.
Turns out it’s just stomach flu, but it’s still scary.


--

I still get extremely nervous every time my dad gets sick. It's really scary. I can't even describe the terror at the time, not being sure if he was going to survive or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment