Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 107: Globalization Day

Day 107
Today, I’m supposed to make friends with someone on the other side of the world via the internet.
Easy.
Early this morning I get on Omegle, which is more a fun site for trolling instead of actually meeting people, but whatever. It’s the one I know.
The first person I talk to is actually from China. Cool. I’m already done.
So, now I’m bored.
I go to drop off an application for McDonald’s at my friend’s house. She’s applying there.
It’s awkward because I’m supposed to put it in her mailbox and I don’t know where her mailbox is. I pull up to her house just to be informed that the mailbox is at the end of the driveway.
Awkward.
I’m kind of pissed off at her because she’s been a bad friend before, really.
I complain to my very best friend, Stephanie, and she gives me the same bit of advice as she did last time this girl was awful: I don’t need a friend like that.
And I feel better. I do have good friends, I don’t need any bad ones.


--

The whole of that awkward/annoying situation wasn't made clear there, so let me see if I can remember it right.
My friend got mad at me for driving up to her house because she wasn't allowed to have visitors. She YELLED at me for not knowing where her mailbox is.

In retrospect, no, not a big deal. Just kind of straw, camel's back. She annoyed me many times before, and the fact that she's a few years younger than me suddenly became clear. She's still in high school, I'm in college, it's time for us to drift apart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment