Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 125: Take your horoscope seriously [and memory + marriage]


Day 125
Today, I am supposed to read my horoscope in the Book and follow it.
It says I will see a blue car in the street and I should run after it because it holds the love of my life.
I think this is completely untrue, because Mike’s car isn’t blue.
But I keep my eyes out for a blue car anyways.
I don’t see any.
I deal with my 8 hours of terrible work, then I drive home in the cold rain.
Then I’m home and I just chill out until I need to go bed for the night.
Today also happens to be my 6-month anniversary with Mike, btw. According to Cosmo this month, one year from today we’re supposed to talk about maybe getting married.
The only reason I write that is because I know I’d totally forget to talk to Mike about it otherwise, and I told him I would remember. I intend to keep my reputation of having an excellent memory.
Interesting memory story, random tangent: When I was 7, my parents took me to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner and there was a mad libs game on the kids placemat. I played it and didn’t write down a single word yet remembered them all. My parents were wowed and so my dad gave me 5 random words to remember and he’d make me repeat them later that night.
It’s now 12 years later. 13 by the time this is read. Dad? Red, twenty, smoke, hatrack, chair.

--
Weirdly I was just thinking about talking to Mike about that before finding this entry again.
But I don't think I'm going to. Forget Cosmo. We have talked about it, not a serious conversation, he knows I want to finish college first.
We both live with our parents still, we hold minimum wage jobs without really knowing about future plans. I love him, but despite what Cosmo says our relationship is, we are so not ready to even think about getting married.
Which is fine. Because if we stay together a few more years, as long as it takes to get through college, then...I don't know how to finish that sentence. We'll be more sure about each other, but we might also know by then that we don't want to spend forever together. I don't know.
Right now I have him and I love him and that is enough for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment