Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 123: Today learn an emergency first aid procedure [and Mike]


Day 123
Today, I’m supposed to learn a first aid procedure.
I forget about the Book this morning, probably because I’ve just spent all those days not doing anything from it.
The day starts out boring. I’m with Mike, so that’s good, but pretty much we just watch TV, make out some.
Mike takes me to UMass because I want to buy tickets for a concert, and the tickets were supposed to be on sale today. But are they? Of course not. And it’s raining.
We spend some time in Amherst together before heading to Mike’s computer club. I bring Fluxx, and we play that with the two other guys that are there.
I lose every game. Blah.
Then Mike takes me to the mall, and I am having fun, until suddenly I feel so sick. I run to the bathroom, but as soon as I’m done, I feel like I need to get back in there.
I want to cry in horrible pain.
Mike’s being so sweet about it, trying to make me feel better. I’m stuck in a train of terrible thoughts—I don’t want Mike to worry over me, but at the same time I really do, therefore I feel so guilty for wanting him to worry, so I don’t want him to, and it goes on and on and on.
Mike does end up breaking these thoughts by mentioning he was jealous of D, because I kept running into the guy and had a quick friendship bond with him. I point out to Mike that D was a guy in a skirt, not really my type and I don’t think I’m his.
But I’m kind of happy he was jealous. I like that he really cares about me.
I do feel less sick by the time I need to go home, that’s good. But then I’m sad because Mike has to rush off somewhere the same time I’m leaving.
So all I get for goodbye is half a hug and a small kiss. I won’t see him again till I’m back in school, about two weeks from now, and I didn’t even get a real hug. This hurts.

--
Now I'm actually used to Mike having to run off when I'm leaving.
He works too much.
I don't think it's fair that he works 45-50 hours a week and doesn't get overtime. Sure, an amusement park is seasonal employment and I can see why that doesn't qualify for overtime, because over the course of the year, it works out that an employee working overtime there would have the same amount of hours as someone who works normal hours over a full year.
but they're taking advantage of him. Mike seems so tired all the time.
hey, it's his job, if he thinks it's worth it, I'm not going to say anything to the contrary. I just wish he got more sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment