Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 157: Act like a chess piece [and the Big E]


Day 157
Today, I need to act like a chess piece. I choose bishop—intelligent and devious.
Mike’s taking me to the Big E today. It’s a huge event around here, a big expo.
It takes a while to get there due to the traffic, but when we get there it’s worth it.
Food there is good. First thing we get is corndogs, and for some reason they just taste better than a normal corndog. Yum.
Then some cream puffs which are supposedly famous, and they’re really good.
We walk around for a while looking at things. It’s fun being with Mike.
We see a small petting zoo that offers rides on elephants. I want to ride the elephant, but Mike points out they abuse the animals and paying is bad. So, no riding the elephant. But we do watch it. At one point, when it’s standing right next to us, it picks up a playing card that was laying flat on the ground with its trunk. I knew elephants had prehensile trunks, but I didn’t know they were that adept with them.
And a bit later, the elephant grabs its trainer’s ankle and tries to pick him up. The guy has to grab onto a nearby railing to keep from being lifted completely off the ground.
Mike and I walk around a while longer, see some more cool things. By now we’re both pretty tired, so we just go on some of the rides, walk through the buildings that have displays from each state in New England, sample local foods, and then go.
We go back to Mike’s house and hang out there for a while, then I have to go back to the dorm. Mike comes with me and we hang out here for a while. Then he leaves.
He forgets to say goodbye when he leaves and I know it was an accident, but it kind of hurts.


--

I remember that day. that was a fun day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment