Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 138: Today tie a new knot [and classes]


Day 138
I don’t remember my dreams from last night, so I’m not sure if I had any nightmares.
Today I’m supposed to learn to tie a new knot.
First class today is English. American Identities. I know my friend Ariel’s in that class with me, and I haven’t seen her in a while, so this should be fun.
Apparently she’s not the only one I know in the class—about half the people in my dorm last year are in there too.
The class seems interesting. Less focus on colonial America and slave narratives, more on postmodernism and postwar stories. We’re even going to read some graphic novels.
After class, I go to pick up my textbooks. But there’s a mixup at the store and I don’t get all of them. I could go back, but it is so freaking hot today I just can’t bring myself to move too much.
I go to my next class, Music Appreciation. Apparently we’re starting with a bit about the basics of music, and everything that’s said in class today, I actually know despite my complete inability to read music. Awesome.
It shouldn’t be too hard a class.
Then I have lunch with Ariel and one of her friends, then I go to the activities expo. I get a lot of free stuff, talk to a lot of people about clubs. I think I’ll audition for some plays this year, try to get involved in some clubs, and I’m even thinking about trying to join a sorority.
And then, dinner, and finally, relaxing. It’s so hot and I am so exhausted.
I read a bit about knots and try tying a few on a piece of string. Task complete, yay.


--

Both of those classes ended up having insufferable teachers.
I'm heading to my first class of this semester in 10 minutes. Let's see how that goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment