Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 145: Create an Urban Legend [and auto-correct]


Day 145
Today, I’m supposed to create an urban legend.
I’ve tried doing this before, to be honest. Didn’t work out.
So I’ll make up one now, and all my loyal followers? Spread it around.
A few years ago, I was traveling across the country with my family. When we were in Kansas, we went to a zoo. There was an escaped fox running around. It was a cute thing, really, ran across our path at one point. Didn’t seem too afraid of us.
I’d heard as we were leaving that the fox had escaped because one of its cubs had escaped. It had gotten in the cage with a bear or a wolf or something, I don’t know what, just something that could definitely hurt it. Anyways, it got into the cage, rescued its cub, and then returned to the safety of its own cage with no one hurt. Animals are pretty amazing, huh?
A lot of that is true.
Guess how much.
Today, I start the day with English. That’s only a fun class because I get to hang out with Ariel.
Unfortunately, today Ariel points out to me that we’ve got a paper due in 10 days and the professor hasn’t given us a prompt yet. That’s just great.
But the professor says in class that the prompt will be online today. That’s good.
The rest of my day is pretty boring. I decide that tonight I’m going to audition for an improve troupe on campus. I don’t think I’ll make the cut, but it’ll be fun to try.
After my classes, I try to start working on my English paper, only to find out that, no, the prompt isn’t online yet. Greaaat.
I go to audition for an improve troupe, but I can’t. I eat my dinner way too fast before it and then just feel too sick to go.
Blahhhhh.
So I walk around for a while to feel better, and then get back to my dorm to take some Pepto-Bismol. I do feel better after that.


---

auto-correct changed 'improv' to 'improve'. blah.
I thought I'd have more followers by now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment