Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 163: Shoplifting [and morality]


Day 163
Today I’m supposed to shoplift.
I don’t like this. It feels wrong.
Anyways, I’ve decided today I will be cooking all my meals. And I do. Scrambled eggs for breakfast, quesadillas for lunch. I’ll have chicken parmesan for dinner.
I’ve been experimenting with spices and making things taste good. I’m happy.
I have an interview with Delta Xi Phi today, so far the most important step of joining. I hope I do well, I certainly agonize over it long enough. I was told to wear “business casual” and I just really have nothing that works for that. Ugh.
But they tell me that I did well in the interview, and I’ll know in about an hour if I’m in. I really hope so.
I didn’t make it. But now I’m a “friend of” and I can still go to the activities. That’s fun.
I never did shoplift. I’m just not the kind of person who can, you know?


--

It's weird, I could have easily shoplifted if I wanted to, but I didn't.
I'm not the most upstanding moral person but I know what happens to the store when someone shoplifts. It's not just affecting a corporation, it does trickle down to actual people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment