Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 245: Diet


Day 245
Ha, my bullshitting a while ago? Two more answers were chosen as the best.
Anyways. Today I’m supposed to be on a diet. Okay, I should be doing this anyways.
I try one of the McDonald’s salads, not bad. I get a light dressing to keep the calories down.
One guy today is going to call corporate on us because we refused to change the rules for him. We have these coupons for buy fries and a drink, get a sandwich for free. We have been told that this only applies to sandwiches, not the chicken strips and nugget value meals. Simple, right?
Well, this guy comes in, and hands me a coupon, and tells me, “I’m going to get the 10-piece nuggets instead of a sandwich.”
I could tell from his tone of voice that he wasn’t going to accept just me saying no, so I told him I would have to ask a manager (despite I knew the answer).
The guy replied, “Well, you go ask, but I’ve done this eight times before, and they always let me get the nuggets.”
Of course, manager says no. So the guy asks to talk to him, which I pretty much figured would happen.
The manager comes out, explains to the guy that nuggets are not a sandwich, and the coupon shouldn’t have been used to get them the past eight times. He was not changing the rules.
So the guy asks for the 800 number and my name and my manager’s name, and storms out, telling us that he’s never coming back because clearly we don’t know it’s all about customer service.
Yeah, we give terrible service because we won’t change the rules for you? On really busy days, we give out coupons to people who wait longer than 5 minutes. We will always remake a sandwich, give free refills, exchange a Happy Meal toy when asked. You don’t even have to ask politely, just throw it on the counter and we’ll smile and take care of it (we may inwardly hate you, but you won’t know it)!
Where I work has good customer service. Seriously, people give me tips. Have you ever heard of a McDonald’s employee making tips? (usually, though, I put that money in the charity box. Except today because it was a whole dollar and I needed that so I could get fries with my lunch.)
So next time someone tells me we have terrible customer service, I’m going to point them to the wall of certificates and awards that we have proclaiming how fantastic we are. I’m really proud of our great service, and screw you if you’re not satisfied.
Wow, that was a long rant.
Also, now I’m really hungry.


--

The service level went down a little bit when we got a new manager who just doesn't give a crap about customers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment