Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 244: Plan my day


Day 244
Hey, remember my bullshitting on the internet? One of my answers got chosen as the best.
Anyways today I was supposed to plan my day down to the minute. Most of my schedule is workworkworkworkworkwork.
Today’s easier than yesterday. And tomorrow’s my last day for a while.
I’m sleepytired now.
No terrible customers except this one guy who almost made me cry. I was having an off day, putting in orders wrong and messing up a lot. Customers were generally understanding.
This guy, what happened wasn’t even my fault. We were suddenly really busy, and someone had walked off with his order in the rush.
We couldn’t find his order to put it in again—I had a manager come over to help me, even. And the guy is yelling at me. He pointed out the girl who’d given the order to the wrong person and he yelled at me that she’d messed up!
I was close to tears and shaking a little bit, but for the most part, other customers after that were nice about things.
He seemed most offended that I couldn’t recognize him. We had over 20 customers in 15 minutes. How was I supposed to remember the faces and orders of each one? Besides, I don’t tend to associate faces with names or orders, I associate what they’re wearing. This guy was wearing a blue shirt and jeans, like four other guys who were waiting, including the one who took his order.


--

Shh I totally posted this yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment