Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 202: Take a pregnancy test


Day 202
Today, I’m supposed to take a pregnancy test.
I’m on my period. I’m not pregnant.
I go to classes, classes are too long, then I go to a meeting for the cooking show I auditioned for a while ago. I didn’t get the host position, but I’ll be helping with the production crew. I’m going to help come up with ideas, then I get to be the one to test the recipes.
Fun times.
Later, Mike texts me that he’s with a friend of his who’s breaking up with her boyfriend. I don’t like this. I’ve never met this girl and Mike’s told me that he used to have a crush on her. And he’s going to be the one comforting her after a breakup?
I don’t want to be a jealous girlfriend, but honestly, I’m scared. I know, if I think about it, that all he’s doing is being a good friend to her. I know he has female friends and I’ve never been jealous before.
But something about this just makes me nervous. I can’t be logical when I imagine this girl is going to turn to Mike on the rebound and he’s going to go back to his old crush on her and forget all about me.
I’m texting him and I’m not telling him what I’m scared of. I’m not going to tell him. I know next year when I finally publish this he’ll read it and go “oh i’m so sorry” and I’ll be all “oh it’s okay” and it will be okay then. But right now, it isn’t.


--

And now, a year later, it is okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment