Saturday, April 30, 2011


Day 9
Today, I need to do something before breakfast.
I set my alarm an hour before I usually get up, and spend that entire hour hitting the snooze button. Since I don’t normally do that, it counts as doing something, right? I learned how my alarm clock works.
To make this all valid, I do check my email before breakfast.
Breakfast is very very tiny. A single Oats & Honey bar. It’s all I could get from the vending machine.
Last night, Mike said he was worried I don’t eat enough. I asked, so you think I’m anorexic?
He said, no, I’m just afraid you’re starving yourself.
For the record, I’m not anorexic, just poor.
I eat a huge lunch to make up for it.
Then I feel sick from the huge lunch. Blech.
My day doesn’t go well, possibly because I didn’t really do the task? Is halfway finishing these going to bring me bad luck?
I go to a doctor’s appointment, and surprise! I get a pelvic exam!
It’s not so bad, really, but it’s my first, so it’s very very awkward.
Unfortunately, it ends with plenty of time for me to go to the class I was hoping to skip. Computer literacy. At least it’s easy.
I hate this class. I sit there, completely bored. I want to tear my ears off and stop listening to this lecture, but I’m stuck. My teacher is an idiot and I have to deal with it because this fulfills a requirement for graduating. But hey, easy A.
I go to dinner after class. While I’m eating, I’m struck with this wave of homesickness. I have just over 2 weeks till I go home, and I can’t wait. But still, it’s over 2 weeks. Knowing that makes me want to cry.
Then I fall in a puddle of water on the ground and I’m humiliated and in pain. I’m definitely going to cry.
I manage to keep it together until I make it to my dorm, but now I’m here and I’m sobbing.

--
I was emotional a lot last year.
My computer literacy class, I do want to say that that teacher was not really an idiot. He was smart, but not the best at actually teaching.
I still sometimes skip meals or have tiny meals because they're expensive. Hey, college student. What can I do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment