Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 8: Addiction-Free Day


Day 8
Is Tylenol addictive?
If so, I already broke today’s rule.
I’m not supposed to have any addictive substances today.
But I woke up with a back pain so severe that I’m dizzy and nauseous, so I had to take something.
I must have slept wrong. This is not normal.
I want to cry from the pain.
I also want to cry because today is the day before my period and I can’t have chocolate because it has caffeine in it.
Oh, and it’s Monday and my giant paper is due tomorrow.
This should be interesting.
I so need a massage right now.
I go to class, sleep through it. This isn’t because I wasn’t able to have coffee. I don’t drink coffee anyways. I was just tired.
I return to my room and manage to get a dorm to live in next year! Yay!
My day doesn’t seem to be dragging on that much sans chocolate. My second class of the day is cancelled and I make some plans to see Mike.
An hour later, I learn that what I thought were plans with Mike actually weren’t. He’s not coming.
So I’m crying now. I’m alone, I’m in pain, and I can’t have any chocolate. I’m upset.
Then it turns out I’m wrong about being wrong! Mike shows up (with dinner, yay) and we spend a very wonderful evening together.


--

I still don't know what caused that back pain.
I also still don't know if Tylenol is addictive.
I do know that it's harder to avoid addictive substances than I'd thought. Avoiding caffeine was a good start, but there are so many food additives that we don't really know what they are, or if they're addicting.
I haven't changed my eating habits. I'm a poor college student, I take what I can get. But still, it's a scary thought.

Hey other bloggers out there: can anyone tell me how to reply to comments?

0 comments:

Post a Comment