Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 4: World Coloring-In Day

Day 4
Today, I have to color in a map of the world.
Not a big deal, but I don’t have crayons or colored pencils or really anything besides black pen.
Good thing I’m heading to Mike’s house later. He’s probably got crayons.
Classes drag on. I laugh with Ariel in the House class, and that’s pretty much the highlight of it all.
Then I head to Mike’s house. Before I can ask him about crayons, we head out with his youth group to play games with old ladies.
I learn that the ladies we’re going to meet have Alzheimer’s. Interesting.
We play Hangman with them. It’s fun.
There’s one woman who calls out “A-E-I-O-U!” for every letter. I like her.
It’s interesting that even though these ladies sometimes forget the rules of Hangman mid-game, they’re able to guess the words every time.
It makes me a little less scared if I ever get Alzheimer’s.
We return to Mike’s house. Mike finally gets me those crayons, and I color in the map.
Green is where I’ve been. USA and France.
Yellow is where I want to go. Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Egypt, India, Japan, Australia, England, Spain, Italy, Greece, and France again. I want to go back to France.
Red is where I am perfectly happy never setting foot in my life. That’s the rest of the world.
It’s kind of sad that red is most of the world. But that’s not places I never want to go to—I just won’t be crushed if I don’t go there.
Then Mike takes me back to my dorm. What we do then is private.

--
My thoughts today:
eh. I still want to go to those places. 
so yeah. that's it. I barely even remember this day.


Hey, Mike, I know you're reading this. Comment. Please.
Steph, you too.

3 comments:

  1. I'm hurt you don't remember this day. I remember it. I remember you there playing games with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of having Alzheimer's is quite scary... but would you be ok if you didn't remember you have it?

    I like your idea of coloring the map in its very motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patients with Alzheimer's do get lucid moments. Those would be the scary parts, realizing that an important part of you has been gone and is going to go away again.

    ReplyDelete