Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 3: Today throw away something that you like.


Day 3
Today, I am to throw out something that I like.
I haven’t decided what yet.
I read a book while eating breakfast today. I finish the book right before I leave.
I liked this book, so I decide to fulfill today’s task. I leave the book behind.
Maybe I was supposed to actually toss it in the trash, but I can’t do that to a book. Someone else may pick it up and read it.
When I return to the dining commons at lunch, the book is gone.
Mike texts me and invites me to go skating with him and his sisters. I have to decline, as I still have that long essay to work on.
I feel bad about saying no, but hey. Mike’s something I like, and I’m tossing him out—but only for today! There’s no way I’m dumping him.
I take out the trash from my room. I finally throw out the roses Mike gave me a few weeks ago. They’re dead and black now, but I kept them because when Mike had left them at my door, they were beautiful and I was speechless. No guy had ever been that romantic before, and I’m not sure any guy will ever match up.
But as I was saying, now they’re dead and need to go.
I frost those cupcakes Mike and I baked a few days ago.
Usually when I make cupcakes, I give them all away. I like to make things but not to eat them. But this time, I’ve promised them to Mike. So they will sit in my room until I see him again and tempt me with their deliciousness.
Oh they’re tempting.
I need to share the deliciousness. So I take cupcakes to my friends down the hall, Annette and Fiona. I talk with them a few minutes, then return to my room.
As I do, I note the “Things I Will Miss About Butterfield” board next to my door. Two people have drawn arrows towards my door and written things about me.
“This bitch” and “Loser”.
I kind of want to cry.
I give in to the cupcake temptation. After all, they’ve got M&Ms on top, and M&Ms cure everything.

--
Oh wow, I forgot about people writing that about me. A year later, it doesn't even matter, you know?
The roses, yes I know that any guy could give me roses. But it was really sweet. Still one of the sweetest things he's done for me.

I wish I'd written down the title of that book. it was a good book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment